Spiritual Reading | List of Favorite Books
By definition, Spiritual reading is a regular process of reading about God, holy books, magazines, articles in an effort to grow spiritually.
Have you ever read a holy book related to religion or a spiritual man? You would have felt immense peace and relief from mental stress. Also you would have tried find more of such books or materials to read.
Reading such books or articles on regular basis to gain inner peace, interest in enlightenment and also to have spiritual growth is called spiritual reading.
This is the least stressful and easiest way for one to grow spiritually.
Most religions have holy books to impart spiritual knowledge.
Besides, there are also many books with information on various saints across the world.
For those with spiritual awakening, Reading these books would help to understand spiritualism better and also live spiritually.
There are many ways to grow spiritually like Satsang (spiritual gathering of people), meditation, Japa etc. But the order of effectiveness lies in
- Spiritual reading
- spiritual meditation.
Of them the above-mentioned methods, spiritual reading is quite easy and also interesting.
Advantages of spiritual reading:
1. Easy to follow as one do not need to depend on people or other factors except an ability to read. Since one cannot always find a teacher or a group related to spirituality, books act as a good companion to improve spiritual knowledge.
2. One can do the reading part even during the journeys, tours, leisure, vacation etc. So, there is time bound and place-bound restrictions for spiritual reading.
3. You can continue your jobs and still progress spiritually by this method. Those who are in the job cannot find time to explore spirituality by travel or listening to lectures. In such conditions, books can be a good source to impart spiritual knowledge.
4. Same books or articles can be read again and again without boredom. Whereas a lecture or gathering can be a one time experience and is tough to revisit them. But, books can be read again. Interestingly, you will always learn something new meaning in each read.
5. Also reading a book directly touches your heart, so the spiritual progress would be faster and help you practice few tips voluntarily.
6. No age requirements or gender requirements are present to read books. This cannot be applied to other methods of the spiritual journey. Anyone can start spiritual reading at any age for a better and meaningful life.
List of My favorite books for spiritual reading
- An autobiography by a yogi.
- Immortal talks.
- Bible (new testament)
- Shirdi Sai stories
- Gautama Buddha life story
- Shiv Puran
- Bhagavad Geetha.
- Ramana Maharshi stories
Spiritual progress can be so interesting experience in that he or she can see the differences in their outlook and approach to life.
The goal of the spiritual person would be to lead a responsible life yet without being attached to worldly affairs.