Prayer is the best source of peace of mind.
It is a priceless and easiest way to attain peace of mind.
Further, it doesn’t require heavy advice, skill, or practice.
Anyone even for the first time can perform it at any time and any place. But doing it at a proper place and at regular time intervals is the most effective method of prayer to attain the desired level of mental peace.
Even Lord Jesus Christ mentioned that prayer can be done from where you are and no need of going to church or temple etc. Even Mohammedans practice prayer in a peaceful place. The place is clean and pleasant mostly.
Prayer offers not only mental peace but also other virtues like determination, patience, control of temperament, the courage to take up challenges, and a strong focus towards desired goals.
This may be the reason why Mahatma Gandhi exclaimed “I would have been a lunatic long ago without prayer”.
Even the most violent people like terrorists, smugglers practice prayer for all the above benefits. But whatever path we take in we are responsible for the results. So take up prayer with a good heart and for peace of mind to you and also those around.
How to do prayer for peace of mind
1. Close your eyes with both palms folded or in receiving style.
3. You can repent for your mistakes, ask for help or tell him the goals you wish to accomplish.
4. But these talking should be from deep down your heart.
5. There may be occasions like having tears in your eyes or a smile on your face but just go on without hesitating what others think in case you are in a group or public.
6. The prayer can be for a few minutes and stop once it is over. Always try to thanks him for whatever possessions or happiness he has given you.
7. Prayer helps heal even depression, so thanking helps develop positivism while bitter weeping for your troubles will relieve your mental anguish or sorrow.
8. Before prayer try to be tidy enough and cheerful enough without the tension of work etc.
9. Try to find a silent place but one can do it even in a noisy place even.
10. Daily prayer is a way to obtain faster and consistent peace of mind.
Regular prayer gives constant enjoyment to the doer. It helps you build character and mental strength in you.
Try to pray at-least twice in a day once in the morning and once before going to bed or in the evening. Pray for the peace of mind.