Prayer is the best means to achieve peace of mind.
It is a priceless and easiest way to attain peace of mind.
Further, it does not require heavy advice, skill, or practice.
Anyone, even for the first time, can perform it at any time and any place. But doing it at a proper place and at regular time intervals is the most effective method of prayer to attain the desired level of mental peace.
Even Lord Jesus Christ mentioned that prayer could be done from where you are and there is no need to go to church or temple.
Even Mohammedans practice prayer in a peaceful place. The place is clean and pleasant mostly.
Prayer offers mental peace and other virtues like determination, patience, control of temperament, the courage to take up challenges, and a strong focus on desired goals.
This may be the reason why Mahatma Gandhi exclaimed, “I would have been a lunatic long ago without prayer.”
Even the most violent people like terrorists, smugglers practice prayer for all the above benefits. But whatever path we take in, we are responsible for the results. So take up prayer with a good heart and peace of mind to you and those around.
How to do prayer for peace of mind
1. Close your eyes with both palms folded or in receiving style.
2. Then, with complete heart and mind, talk to the almighty or superpower (share yourself).
3. You can repent for your mistakes, ask for help or tell him the goals you wish to accomplish.
4. But these talking should be from deep down your heart.
5. There may be occasions like having tears in your eyes or a smile on your face but go on without hesitating what others think in case you are in a group or public.
6. The prayer can be for a few minutes and stop once it is over. Always try to thanks him for whatever possessions or happiness he has given you.
7. Prayer helps heal depression, so thanking helps develop positivism while bitter weeping for your troubles will relieve your mental anguish or sorrow.
8. Before prayer, try to be tidy enough and cheerful enough without work tension, etc.
9. Try to find a silent place, but one can do it even in a noisy place.
10. Daily prayer is a way to obtain faster and consistent peace of mind.
Regular prayer gives constant enjoyment to the doer. It helps you build character and mental strength in you.
Try to pray at least twice a day, once in the morning and before going to bed or in the evening. Pray for peace of mind.