If we are in confusion to take a decision or if some one passes an information unexpectedly, then we tend to believe them and act so.
Even since childhood many of us will have received a saying that “listen to other’s but finally take your own decision.”
But taking own decision is not always possible to all of us. Because sometime the advice or information given to use might be from our parents, close friends or relatives which can be so compelling to rely on. Then it will be tough to ignore their ideas or opinions.
But in case we fail because of following others opinion then we will repent very much.
Why it is important not to listen to other’s
1. Others give opinion from their own view of the circumstance and they do not understand what you are actually facing.
2. Other’s opinions are sometimes based on their experience. This seems good but, there is no guarantee that we will also face same experiences.
3. Other’s might not be giving true opinion i.e. they may even try to mislead us because of jealous or grudge.
4. Person giving his opinion takes the circumstance we are facing lightly and gives his opinion. He will not know the seriousness of the issue or how important it is to us.
5. The person giving advice might not be experienced enough but still give a advice. This may be out of their expectation that such and such can happen.
Why it is important to listen to others.
a) May be it gives us a chance to refine our ideas and form a own and matured opinion about the issue.
b) There are chances that we see an issue from one side. The other person’s opinion might help us to see the issue from other side.
c) The advice given might be out of experience which is well worth to consider.
d) The person giving advice might be our parent or very close acquaintance who knows our situation very well.
But in reality it is always better to listen to our inner voice because though we might fail by it, we will learn a lot from it and also it will give complete satisfaction without repenting or complaining on others.
However we need to take other view of the issue and this should be from people like our well wishers, persons experienced in the filed and available for help etc.