Judging a person is an essential practice in life as it helps in
- To build a good relationship
- Availing benefits or favors
- To Sell ideas or products
- Check compatibility for marriage or business
- For better work environment
So for those willing to have pleasant relaionships, in career, business and even family they have to undersand the other person they are dealing with.
How to Judge Character of a Person
When you come across a new person you can find the below characters or behaviors to judge him.
By his communication
This a bit tough but many get fooled by it itself so one needs to look into his or her communication.
In a simple way, it means he may seem to act smart or overly indulging and trying to impress you by his communication.
From his appearance and body language
This feature helps us guess if the person is confident, shy or serious.
A person looks into the eyes to look confident or to dominate. Insead a person avoiding eye contact could be introvert or a shy type of guy.
Similarly his style of walking, sitting on chair or facial expression can help.
Walking briskly can indicate he is healthy while walking slowly can indicate lazy or non-serious behavior.
By asking questions
In many marriage proposals or job interviews, the person’s attitude or future plan is asked to know him better.
This is mostly a reliable way to know what he is up to in the future.
But, the problem is anyone can change their plans in due course of time due to the situation demands.
In such a case one may need to rely on astrology of the person.
By his friends and family life
A person can be judged easily by talking to his friends or even family as they may disclose about him.
Even there is a saying which goes as
“Tell me about your friend and I will tell about you”…
His education, career, and job if any
A person has his own taste for education and career.
So based on that you can know if he is smooth or committed or risk-taking etc.
Education in technology tells he likes to go smooth, while medicine he is committed to doing and a pilot or police or in military means he likes to take a risk.
Job and career also tell largely about a person’s character.
For instance, if a person is doing his job of interest, he will do it even if he is paid less salary.
These types of people seem to have more self-respect than those guys who just do anything for the sake of money etc.
By his preferences of doing work
If a guy asks more leaves, comforts, etc. there is a chance that he will more likely perform less or is not sincere.
But still, some cases vary. Some people may take more leaves based on heir family requirements which should be considered.
From his previous employer or Co-workers
This is the technique commonly followed by employers.
Hence you see that many universities & institutes vacancies, police & bureaucratic post are recruited after the candidate gets some letter of recommendation or after doing thorough police inquiry.
So what are the advantages of judging the person:
1. You can save time: Supposing you want to recruit an employee or get your work done someone. If you can judge him before then you may avoid wasting your time in-case if the guy leaves his job instantaneously or if he doesn’t deliver the work assigned in time.
2, You can save money: Many times we lose money due to salesmen or any shop for buying an item for a higher price than actually is. In the above example of the right servant or employee also you can save money besides time.
3. You can save your reputation and goodwill: In case you recommend some guy for a job or work. If the guy leaves or causes damage then you lose goodwill in the eyes of the person to whom you recommended the wrong guy.
4. Can get respect form others: A person who is rarely or never fooled by others has good respect and value from all the people who know him.
5. You can avoid being emotionally upset. If you are unable to judge a person and get fooled by him/her you will be emotionally upset sometimes to the extent that you cannot focus on your job and family.
So based on so many advantages it is worth to judge a person but
Issues on our side that prevents proper judging.
If someone fools us it is just our problem that we let them do so. We need to see if our personality of how we facilitate them to fool us.
1. Believing everyone very easily.
2. Talking too much and revealing yourself to everyone including new people.
3. Getting attracted due to lust or infatuation and doing as they say (especially towards the opposite sex).
4. Revealing all of your thoughts to someone such that he can hit in the right target when he wants to.
5. Not having time to see or recognize others’ intentions.
Why people judge others
To find chances of advantage:
Judging a person beforehand gives you an upper hand. It helps you to know if there is a benefit to gain from him.
This is quite common in business as a businessman tries to lure his customers.
To sell ideas or products
This is followed by marketers and even politicians. They try to sell their product or ideas by judging the people. In doing so, they gain sales or votes.
You cannot be a friend to everyone around you. This is because you are not compatible with everyone you see. Hence, judging people is done to find compatible friends, life partners, etc.
Win your mind and heart
This is similar to the above point. But, this is meant to just have a casual conversation without any immediate benefits.
A person tries to smile while speaking to you. In doing so, he avoids being judged. And if he has already judged you, then he does it again to keep you impressed about him.