Spirituality is a way of life where one loses interest in worldly affairs and move towards eternal goals.
Very few people in the world would get the boon of spiritual awakening.
And they tend to have a different view of the world and life compared to all others around.
But in most cases, they are humble, peace-loving, and prefer self-thought.
The desire for spiritual growth does not come from external lectures or reading but from within.
For them, wisdom bosoms within their heart, making them feel better and happier with what they are and how they are.
Importance of spirituality
Spirituality is essential for humanity in daily life as it has the following benefits.
1. Defines Purpose of life
- It explains the actual purpose of life for the person. If one is confused about why he is born, spiritual life can give him the answers.
- It also lets him accept life as it is and also forgives the suffering.
2. Promotes peace and harmony
- It promotes peace and harmony among people.
- It minimizes violence, aggression, and struggles. It encourages acceptance, forgiveness which help everyone to live together in harmony.
3. Social organization
- It helps to organize society in a proper way.
- Spirituality provides mental peace and also stability in the family and at work.
- It helps to improve tolerance and patience.
4. Improves mental and physical health
- It gives better health as it tells when to eat, how to eat, keeps thoughts good. Keep yourself clean.
- Even in the case of sickness, spiritual strength helps in recovery.
- It wades off fear and helps in keeping the mind composed on positive thoughts roll in. This minimizes depression and helps in faster healing.
5. Knowledge and wisdom
- Spirituality enhances knowledge and wisdom. Spirituality is one where one obtains knowledge from within.
- Even Jesus mentions that who goes to him would have an oasis of wisdom formed within. This indicates if one associates himself with a spiritual person, he too gets spiritual.
- Of course, beware of differences between being spiritual and religious. Both are not the same.
- And from it, the wisdom keeps on flowing out, making the man more and more pleasant and divine.
6. Nature dominance
- It helps a man keep nature under his control. It is pretty unbelievable that we can keep nature under control.
- Even we cannot do it with our science and technology.
- Many spiritually enlightened people have performed miracles that tend to keep nature at their will.
- Even you might have heard the power of belief by which one can move mountains. This belief enhances due to spiritual life.
7. Enhances love and affection
- It helps encourage a man to show love and care for everyone around, including the environment.
- So you notice a spiritually enlightened person is less harsh to the environment. He shows love and affection to all.
8. No fear & Clear thought
- It removes the fear of death and other insecurities.
- It also helps to overcome attachment to this world and life-related issues.
- Hence, he loses fear, anxiety and is ready to face failure and consequences in life.
9. Enhances growth and welfare.
- Those who are spiritual tend to perform very well in whatever field they take up.
- Even Swami Vivekananda, Steve Jobs, George Carver, and many others were successful and attributed their success to spiritual life.
- Spirituality enhances work ethics and works quality as the person intends for the service and betterment of others through his work.
10. Better rules
- It helps in setting better rules for humankind and the world.
- Notice any marriage ceremony or death, they have some rituals and have their origins in spiritual knowledge.
- These rituals are not meant to just enhance the concept but provide greater meaning in life.
- For instance, marriage is not a lust-based communion but a responsibility-based commitment.
Importance of spirituality in education
- Education is one that is mostly concerned with mental maturity.
- It helps him behave sensibly and in a responsible manner.
- Education grooms a person’s behavior and thoughts.
- Spirituality in education adds up to this.
- They also will be dedicated to their studies, research, and jobs.
Importance of spirituality in Healthcare and social work
- Notice any social organization and health care system linked to spirituality or spiritual way of living.
- They tend to be devoted, and also long-standing in service and objectives without giving up for money and wealth.
- The energy required for selfless service comes from spiritual power as it makes one’s heart divine and pure.