Relationships are the most sensitive elements of human life, as they are linked to emotional harmony and success.
This is one of the prime aspects which differentiates humans from animals.
A person without money may or may not be happy, but a person with good relationships will be happy.
I once read a quote that says
“Count your wealth by the number of friends & Count your success by smiles.”
Tips for maintaining healthy relationships
Healthy relationships require good communication skills, attitude, approach, and ability to succeed.
The relationships vary from friends, parents, brothers, sisters, cousins, uncles, aunts, co-workers, etc.
The more the relationships, the easier a task is done, and also, there is good control of things around.
It saves time and personal stress to get work done is minimized.
Interestingly these relationships sometimes cause intense pain and agony. But still, many find it hard to live without relationships due to fear of survival or the feeling of loneliness.
Human is a social animal and cannot live without relationships.
Relationships are made for familial support, residential support, career support, physical requirements, hanging out, sharing knowledge, financial assistance in times of need, etc.
How to maintain healthy relationships
First and foremost love to build relationships.
Almost everyone has some flaws in relationships, but the flaws can be overcome by practice.
But by following the below points, one can maintain healthy relationships.
Use Good words for speech.
- A person with decent speech can maintain good relations. This is because he avoids hurting people to a large extent.
- Talking is one where if you say something, it is gone from your control. When you speak harshly, rudely, or in an abusive manner, it cannot be corrected quickly.
- Talking in a friendly and polite manner helps one win many people in life as well-wishers.
Greetings or wishes
- This is a courteous way to build and maintain relationships. Send wishes, greetings, invite to parties, attend marriages or any of their celebrations.
- Even if there is animosity or friction with someone, if you wish them good morning or just a simple ‘hi’, things will turn around, and the conflict gradually disappears.
- Keep communication from the old workplace with those who seem to like you.
Avoid ego and focus on the task.
- Ego is a factor where most relations break up and even get worse.
- There are instances where someone might show up his ego or use some improper words to address.
- This might be casual at times, and one should not focus on casual issues and break the relationships.
- Instead, think of the work or task that is needed to be done by the said person and go ahead.
- Then once the task is done together, you will feel the happiness of the task accomplished.
- Many people break relationships in the above issues; instead of focusing on the task, they focus on the person or his ego.
- The reality is that every person behaves in some absurd way, sometimes due to situations or circumstances around, and he also changes with them.
- Hesitancy is the biggest obstacle to building relationships.
- Because of it, a good person might seem to be an egoist or bad person in the eyes of others.
- So overcome hesitancy and try to speak out or say what you feel.
- Try to do what you feel inside without hesitating.
Our communication should be pleasant, friendly pleasing and it mostly comes from genes, i.e., from genetic traits, sometimes in practice.
If you disagree with me, then think of you or your friends.
- There will be some who can communicate well with girls, and he has good friends among girls but cannot do so with boys or vice versa.
- There will be someone who has many friends, and everyone likes him. But this guy cannot even make a single girlfriend all his life.
- Some are not liked by anyone else. But he might have a good family, an honest girlfriend or spouse, etc.
- You might find some guy who helps everyone if asked for, without even expecting a favor back. But do you know such guys repent a lot because he has no friends who can help in return during need?
- You might also see some attractive girls who have no permanent friends at all. They weep bitterly to keep up or maintain friends. But still, they keep losing old friends.
Based on these traits, you might understand that the way we communicate, the timing of our communication, behavior during communication, etc., play an important role in building healthy relationships.
Enhance your Personality
This is inborn and mostly, one cannot change it in his lifetime. But who knows, if one puts the effort, it can.
- I have noticed some guys who don’t make the first move by talking to others. But people always try to talk to him or be nice to them. Even they do not spread negative remarks about him.
- Some guys do not talk to anyone and keep minding their business, but people do not talk to them unless approached by the guy and further, they spread unwanted negative remarks about them.
- There are many famous comedians around the world who made others laugh. But in real life, these people are less human-friendly. They also have enemies and people jealous of them.
- Yet another type of person keeps good growth in his career. They speak only just to impress others or have a good rapport. But in reality, they never help others. But yet you might have seen many people like these guys.
Keep Growing in life.
- It is a human tendency to maintain good relations with those who are successful, happy, making good money or have power, etc.
- So you must grow up with your family, friends circle, be happy and prosperous.
- It should be done practically, and you cannot act as if you are so.
- They can judge you with ease so, whatever be your interest in like career, business, spiritual life, etc., keep growing in your path.
- If not, just like a favorite horse is left off when it is old and unable to perform work, you will be neglected.
Care for your dear ones
- The best relation to a building is with yourself, your parents, family, friends, your work, co-workers, neighbors, etc., with priority in a descending way.
- Help them with their work, inquire about their happiness, progress, etc. be sincere in your talk and behavior.
- Though you might be disappointed by some, you will still win the game.
- Gossips of others can hurt even after a long time you spoke them off.
- It is better to avoid gossip and if you are curious, it is a good method to inquire about them directly in private.
Do not criticize openly
Many do not like criticism in the open or even in private. It is good to make them understand by taking extra efforts in a friendly tone.
Maintain regular contact
- In the past, if you did not talk to your classmate for long due to living in different places, it was not an issue.
- Once you meet them; the friendship can be reconciled with past memories.
- But now, in the age of social media and telephones, you cannot be negligent. At least make a chat once in a while, like in a year or a few months once.
Retain your character.
- You must always be who you are. The only thing is you need to be honest with yourself with relationships too.
- Always remember, you cannot be kind to everyone in this world. In trying to be kind to everyone, you will lose yourself and your identity.
- So it is good to have a few good friends than hundreds of useless ones.
Advantages of healthy relationships
- One can have a feeling of belongingness and avoid loneliness.
- You get tasks done easily due to sharing.
- It gives mental support if the relationship is a family member.
- There will be someone to look after you in times of sickness or trouble.
- Gain knowledge and important information that might help in growth financially or career-wise.
- Get honest suggestions and guidance in times of need.