Relationships are the most sensitive elements of human life, as they are linked to emotional harmony and success.
This is one of the prime aspects which differentiates humans from animals.
A person without money may or may not be happy, but a person with good relationships will be happy.
I once read a quote which says
“Count your wealth by the number of friends & Count your success by smiles.”
Tips for maintaining healthy relationships
Relationships among humans are many, and they define the life of a person to a great deal. One with good relations is more satisfied than those without good relationships.
The relationships vary from friends, parents, brothers, sisters, cousins, uncles, aunts, co-workers, and many more.
The more the relationships, the easier a task is done, and also there is good control of things around. It saves time and personal stress to get work done is minimized when done using some relations or contacts.
Interestingly these relationships sometimes cause intense pain and agony. But still, many do not like to live without relationships. Maybe for fear of survival or to avoid the feeling of loneliness.
Human is a social animal, and so he cannot live without relationships.
Relationships are made for familial support, residential support, career support, physical requirements, to hang out, to share knowledge, financial assistance in times of need, etc.
It is a tough question for anyone to give a practical answer to it. Because almost everyone has some flaws in relationships somewhere or other, I presume it is a god’s gift and may be learned by practice. But yet some points can help us maintain healthy relationships.
Use Good words for speech
A person with decent speech can maintain good relations. This is because he avoids hurting people to a large extent.
Talking is one where if you say something it is gone from your control. If you talk harshly, rude, or in a hurting manner, it cannot be corrected easily.
Talking in a friendly and polite manner helps one win many people in life as well-wishers.
Greetings or wishes
This is a courteous way to build and maintain relationships. Send wishes, greetings, Invite to parties, attend marriages or any of their celebrations.
Even if there is animosity or friction with someone, if you wish them good morning or just a simple hell then things will turn around, and the friction disappears gradually.
Keep communication from the old workplace, with those who seem to like you.
Avoid ego- focus on the task
This is where most relations breakup and even get worse. There are instances where someone might show up his ego or use some improper words to address. This might be casual at times, and one should not focus on casual issues and break the relationships. Instead, think of what work or task is needed to get done from the said person and go ahead. Then once the task is done together, you will feel the happiness of the task accomplished.
Many people break relationships by the above issue; instead of focusing on the task, they focus on the person or his ego. The reality is every person behaves in some absurd way, sometimes due to situations or circumstances around, and he also changes with them.
Hesitancy is the biggest obstacle to build relationships. Because of it, a good person might seem to be an egoist or reckless person in the eyes of others. So overcome hesitancy and try to speak out or say what you feel. Try to do what you feel inside without hesitating.
Our communication should be pleasant, friendly pleasing and it mostly comes from genes, i.e., from genetic traits, sometimes in practice.
If you disagree with me, then think of you or your friends.
- There will be some who can communicate well with girls, and he has good friends among girls but cannot do so with boys or vice versa.
- There will be someone who has many friends, and everyone likes him. Can it be in his shoes? No again, it comes to that guy’s character, behavior. But this guy cannot even make a single girlfriend all his life.
- Some are not liked by anyone else. But he might have a good family, honest girlfriend or spouse, etc.
- You might find some guy who helps everyone if asked for, without even expecting a favor back. But do you know such guys repent a lot because he has no friends who can help him during need?
- You might also see some girls who are attractive and have no permanent friends at all. They weep bitterly to keep up or maintain friends. But still, they keep losing old friends.
If you agree with these traits among people, then you might understand how we communicate, the timing of our communication, behavior during communication, etc. play many roles in building healthy relationships.
Enhance your Personality
This is inborn and mostly, one cannot change it in his lifetime. But who knows, if one puts the effort, it can.
- I have noticed some guys who don’t make the first move by talking to others. But people always try to talk to him or be nice to him or her. Even they do not spread negative remarks about him.
- Some guys do not talk to anyone keep minding their business, but people do not talk to them unless approached by the guy and further, they spread unwanted negative remarks about them.
- There are many famous comedians around the world. People start laughing or smiling at just seeing their faces even. But in real life, these people are more severe and less human-friendly. They also have enemies and people jealous of them.
- There is yet another type of person who keeps good growth in my career. They speak only just for impressing others or to have a good rapport around them. But in fact, they will never help others and try to think good of others. But yet you might have seen many people like these guys.
Maintain regular contact
In the past, if you did not talk to your classmate for long due to living in different places it was not an issue. Once, you meet them, the friendship could be reconciled with past memories.
But now, in the age of social media and telephones, you cannot be negligent. At least make a chat once in while like in a year or few months once.
Keep Growing in life
It is a human tendency that people maintain good relations with those who are successful, happy, and making good money or have power, etc.
So you must grow up your family, friends circle, be happy and successful.
It should be done practically and you cannot act as if you are so. They can judge you with ease so, whatever be your interest in like career, business, spiritual life, etc., keep growing in your path.
If not, even a favorite horse will be left off when it is old and unable to perform any work.
Care for your dear ones
The best relation to a building is with yourself, your parents, family, friends, your work, coworkers, neighbors, etc., with priority in a descending way.
Help them with their work, inquire about their happiness, progress, etc. be sincere in your talk and behavior. Though you might be disappointed by some, you will still win the game.
Gossips of others can hurt even after a long time you spoke them off. It is better to avoid gossip and if you are curious, it is a good method to inquire about them directly in private.
Retain your character.
You must always be who you are. The only thing is you need to be honest with yourself with relationships too.
Always remember, you cannot be kind to everyone in this world. In trying to be kind to everyone, you will lose yourself and your identity.
So it is good to have a few good friends than hundreds of useless ones.
Advantages of healthy relationships
- One can have a feeling of belonging to and avoid loneliness.
- Help get tasks done easily due to sharing.
- Gives mental support if the relationship is a family member.
- There will be someone to look after in times of sickness or trouble.
- Sharing of knowledge and important information that might help in growth financially or career-wise.
- Getting honest suggestions and guidance in times of need.