How to Grow Spiritually | 8 Essential Ways to Follow
Spiritual life is very pleasant and peaceful one.
But due to so many distractions in our daily life, we tend to miss the path and live a normal life.
We tend to even forget our goal and desire of spiritual progress.
So to keep us into the path one has to think how to become more spiritual.
Because this aspect should be interesting and also encouraging further to move in the path of spirituality.
Hence the tips should be quite different and also encouraging.
Tips on How to Grow Spiritually
1. Attend spiritual gatherings: Attending spiritual gatherings helps a lot to become more spiritual. The confidence and belief in spirituality increases.
We learn other experiences and also acquire new friends who could guide us better.
2. Attend spiritual teachings or lectures. Lectures by those who are achievers in the path is a great experience. We tend to gain their knowledge and also clarify doubts of god if any.
3. Follow the spiritual methods of doing routine works. This helps us to keep in touch with spirituality in everyday life. We can try to pray before eating. Pray before going to bed and also in the morning etc. Prayer, enhances our association with the invisible lord and also wisdom.
4. Try to meet other spiritual people around and discuss. At every regions there would few people who tend to be in the same path as us. So being in touch with them would help us overcome any problems and move in the path smoothly.
5. Read books on spirituality. Spiritual reading involves reading books on spirituality. Books of spiritual writings add great value of knowledge when read. Also they can be used in our free time to move in the path.
6. Spiritual reading: Subscribe to spiritual weekly or monthly related to spirituality and devotion. There are few publication especially focusing on spiritual life. Reading them would help us keep in touch and move ahead in spirituality.
7. Go on spiritual pilgrimage: This is another form where we travel to places of spiritual importance. This relives from daily stress and also brings some fun and joy. It also brings us in touch with many new things we are not aware of in spiritual path. Spiritual pilgrimage is one of the best ways to learn a lot in spiritual journey.
8. Keep good health: Good health is very important to move in the difficult path of spirituality. One can keep good health by yoga, meditation and proper diet. Hence, sages of the past who spent most of their time in one place either chanting or meditating, discovered yoga to keep up their health.
9. Follow some restrictions: This includes fasting, not going to club or etc on certain days etc. This type of restriction will train our mind to focus more in the path. Also, it helps us develop control over ourselves and improves our physical and mental health.
10. Social service: Doing some of help to others enhances our spiritual curiosity as we become more happier due to selfless service. As there is a saying service to mankind is service to god. Since, every living being has spiritual essence, it is great service to help those humans or animals in suffering.
Also having the pics of god, saints etc, would also keep our memory fixed and work towards it.