Gemstones are can be used as remedies for astrological problems.
They are advised to strengthen any planet that is friendly yet weaker in position as per the one’s zodiac.
When used correctly they can bring good luck, fortune, family and success in life.
This is an ancient art, and a suitable gemstone is prescribed to an individual based on different astrology schools.
But, based on my experience, the Hindu or Vedic gemstone astrology based on the moon sign is more accurate in determining and prescribing proper remedies.
However, one should be cautious while wearing them.
In my experience, wearing an incompatible stone can create untoward effects like bad luck, health issues, and even death.
For more details, see the points on astrology facts.
To find out a suitable gemstone for you based on your horoscope, check out the gemstone based on your horoscope.
How to choose the correct Gemstone
In the horoscope, one must decide two things
1. Which of the planet is weak and stronger in their horoscope chart.
2. Which of the planets are favorable (friendly) and unfavorable (in enemy position) for you.
Based on the above two factors,
- If a planet is weak but friendly, you need to strengthen it by wearing a suitable gemstone for more benefit.
- If a planet is unfavorable to you, do not strengthen it by wearing the related gemstone as it can cause more trouble.
Also, remember that wearing a gemstone will not vanish all of your problems but only part of your problems.
This is because you are strengthening one planet but neglecting the remaining ones.
Wearing a gemstone will be like putting a new tire on a car with worn tires. One new tire will not avoid all the chances of being punctured as other worn-out tires are also at risk.
So, as per astrological directions, first prefer to get issues solved by devotion to the suitable god of the planet concerned.
If one is not able to pay devotion, then only they can opt for gemstones.
List of gemstones by astrology
There are a total of 9 astrological gemstones. Seven of them relate to our solar system bodies while 2 are non-visible but are powerful forces like Rahu and Ketu.
- This is a gemstone of the Sun god and is also called Manik.
- Sun is considered to be the ruler of all the other planets. The gemstone ruby is pinkish-red in color.
- One can wear it in times of weak Sun in the astrological chart or when the phase of the sun is running in a person’s life.
- But the sun should be in a favorable position.
- If it is weak, wearing ruby enhances the effect of the sun for a more favorable result.
- If it is strong, one can still wear it for additional benefits.
Effects: If favorable, the ruby is said to bring growth in one career and life.
It also enhances the strength of the heart muscles and the health of one’s own father.
It should be worn on a Sunday after offering prayer to Lord Sun or the Surya. See more details on how to wear a ruby gemstone.
Pearl for the moon.
- It is the gemstone of the moon and it looks like the moon.
- It can be worn in time when the phase of a person is under moon transit.
- In general, anyone can wear it, but those with a favorable moon in their horoscope will benefit a lot.
Effects: It is said to bring a stable mind avoiding fickle-mindedness. It is also said to remove the sins of the wearer and bring prosperity.
It should be worn on a silver or gold studded ring (on a small finger) or necklace on Monday evenings after offering prayer to Lord Shiva and the moon.
- This is the stone of planet Jupiter.
- Since Jupiter is considered the guru of gods, wearing it brings all other planets to favor you. It is yellow colored.
- The stone should be studded in gold and worn on the index finger on a Thursday. One should offer prayer to Lord Jupiter before wearing it.
Effects: It helps to grow spiritually, prosperity, and also good family life.
- This is the gemstone representing mars. It is green in color and represents lord buddha, i.e., planet Mars.
- It is one of the stones which affects the mind. One with the stone will have a strong mind and creative enthusiasm.
- It should be worn on Wednesday on the ring studded in gold on the ring finger.
- This can be in blue or black color and is the stone representing planet Saturn.
- Blue Sapphire is not to be used without proper astrological advice as it is harmful.
- The stone produces effects very fast and if Saturn is not favorably placed, it gives harmful effects.
- The stone should be studded in a gold ring and worn on the ring finger on a Saturday. One should offer prayer to Lord Shani before.
- If Shani is weak or unfavorable in the horoscope, you can worship lord hanuman instead.
- This is the gemstone of the planet Venus. As per me, it is the king of gemstones.
- Once you wear it, you will feel the influence of it for a few minutes.
- It should be worn on ring fingers studded in gold.
Effects: It provides confidence, courage, and wealth, relives debts, gives good health, and also improves spirituality.
It should be worn on a Friday after 11 am.
This is the stone of planet Mars.
It is red in color and it influences the mind a lot.
It should be worn on a Tuesday.
This is a stone for Rahu’s influence. The stone relives one of the ill weak effects of Rahu. It makes him strong.
This is aimed at the ill effects of Ketu. It is good to bring in fortunes. One can offer prayer to Lord Ganapati as an alternative to wearing this stone.
As a word of caution, one should prefer gemstones as a last resort.
They should instead go for prayer to correspond deity for beneficial effects.
Also, take expert opinion in wearing them.
Never wear a ruby, pearl, coral, or yellow sapphire in combination with diamond, emerald, blue sapphire, hessonite, and cat-eye.
The first set of stones is incompatible with the second set of stones.
Also, one has to try them by tying the stone in a similar colored cloth to their arms for at least 3 days to see abnormal effects, if any.
Stones without prayer are not active to deliver benefits. Never use already used stones. Always buy new ones.
Every gemstone has a lifespan to give its effects.
After the lifespan change to a new one.