Poverty is a condition of lack of money and resources.
There are many causes of poverty.
In the past since the resources were limited and also there was no technology, poverty was wide spread.
But fortunately after industrial revolution, there is great change.
In the current century, it is quite easy to get rid of poverty by education, hard work and intelligence.
This current century saw the rise in internet as one of the new means of business and livelihood.
Though it is virtual aspect, still these are companies worth billions. Yet there are many countries suffering from poverty due varied reasons. Here are the possible effects of poverty.
Effects of poverty:
Poverty in general affects living standard, health, education, children and the society as a whole. But it is sensible to discuss them as effects on children and society.
Effects of poverty on children:
l. Chances of Mal-nutrition: Due to poverty, there is lack of proper parenting. Even parents can’t afford for healthy diet to their children. Hence in countries with poverty, we can notice children with mal-nutrition and related diseases.
2. Life threatening diseases. Many diseases can be prevented by vaccination during childhood. These vaccines are quite expensive and those with poverty may not be able to afford. Hence they tend to suffer from diseases.
3. Illiteracy & Lack of education. Children in families with poverty and discouraged from education. Instead, they are instigated by parents to take up small wage work or jobs to keep up the expenses. Hence, these children can be deprived of proper education.
4. Orphanage: Many parents take divorce due to poverty. Hence the children may become orphans as neither of the parents wish to care them.
5. Pessimistic mind etc. Wealth is a type of strength and can act as a moral booster. Hence we can see that children who suffer poverty are more pessimistic.
Effects of poverty in society
Effects of poverty
A Society with wide spread poverty will face serious problems. These problems can affect everyone living in that society in some or other way.
l. Corruption: Poverty encourages corruption. People try to make money in all the illegal means to be rich. In doing so, those in power or official jobs will engage in corruption.
2. Criminal activities: Poverty affected societies have high amount of violence and criminal activities. There can be theft, robbery, murders etc.
3. Lack of happiness: A society happiness is directly linked to wealth. So we can expect that people from those societies with poverty will be less happier.
4. Illness and lack of health facilities: Health is an aspect related to wealth. One can take a good food, water and reside in neat places with sufficient wealth. Also if one falls sick, they can expose themselves to the best of technology and health care with sufficient money.
5. Lack of education: Education and research requires sufficient grants from the government. In countries with poverty, we can notice that there is lagging in education and research.