The climate change is very much true and we need to take care of nature around for future survival of human race.
Out of many measure which can take to bring the climate to normality, growing trees is one of prime
But humans are the main living beings responsible for widespread destruction and damage to trees.
Trees have many valuable functions which other living organisms or non-living systems can perform in terms of benefit to the climate.
Hence we need to grow trees for the benefit of nature and also mankind.
Why do we Need Trees
We need trees because of the valuable benefits which we derive from them. These benefits are as follows
1. They absorb heat from sun: When sunlight falls on to earth, it rises heat. If not sun, the entire earth would be frozen by ice. So sun’s rays are the key source of heat on the earth. Any substance on earth starts to get heated when sunlight falls on it. But trees have a special mechanism by which they absorb entire sunlight without getting heated up. They convert that heat energy into sugars and store them as food.
In the early days, the entire land mass on the earth was filled with forests. Humans deforested some area for their accommodation. But this was not a problem to certain extent. But when the deforestation has become much beyond the needed threshold, we are facing the climate change. So to get back the climate to normal, only thing we can do is plant as many trees as possible.
2. Tress are part of food chain in ecosystem: Food chain is a system where one animals is dependent on other for survival. Trees and plants are the starting points in all the food chains in the environment. If trees are not there then, other animals cannot exist without whom even humans can’t exist. So trees are needed for the food chain and balance in ecosystem.
3. They provide food stuff: Trees like mango, apple, guava, oranges etc are great source of food material. These plants provide food stuff for the sake of other living beings besides humans. So we will lose the fruits and other food stuff without trees.
4. They provide shelter: Trees serve as shelter for many animals, birds, insects etc. Without them they will all be shelter less. Even humans can depend on plants for shadow during sunny day work etc. Besides we obtain essential furniture from trees.
5. They help bring rainfall. Rainfall is a process which is linked to water cycle. This water cycle takes up moisture from air and forms clouds. Trees take up moisture from the soil layers and release it to air to add up to water cycle load. Also when the clouds are formed, these trees provide cooling effect by which rains occur.
6. They purify air by removing carbon-dioxide. Green Trees purify the air by removing carbon-dioxide from air. So when we pollute the environment by use of automobiles, this carbon-dioxide loaded pollution is removed by trees.
7. They enhance oxygen concentration of air. Also plants release oxygen after taking up carbon-dioxide. Here carbon dioxide is used to form sugars. while oxygen formed is left out to environment,
8. They act to prevent soil erosion. Trees slow down the winds, they also act as resistance to soil carry over by winds. Thus they minimize soil erosion from top layer of earth. Thus they preserve the valuable soil surface.
9. They prevent the damage due to floods and tsunamis. When ever there are floods or tsunamis, presence of trees will slow down the flow and help prevent damage to human properties.
10.They keep the environment around us cool. Trees reduce the temperature by moisturizing the air and also taking up carbon-dioxide. Hence large number of trees can help us keep the environment cool.
They also indirectly provide other essential materials like honey, lac etc. Since may birds, insects live on trees, they act as stations for honey, lac, silk etc,