This post was most recently updated on September 11th, 2016
Judging a person is important in today’s life and career as everyone tries to advantage of us in office, career, education, business, relationships etc. This they do for getting their benefit or just fun but it can be of loss and risk to us.
Further we keep on moving on regular basis due to career or travel or shopping etc. And we encounter many new people as a part of it.
So some time or other everyone gets misused by someone and feel emotionally hurt after realizing it latter. Hence it is good to be able to judge a person.
Judging a person
When a you come across a new person you can find the below characters or behaviors to judge him.
By his communication: This a bit tough but many get fooled by it itself so one need to look into his or her communication. In simple way it means he may seem to act smart or overly indulging and trying to impress you by his communication.
By his body language: This feature doesn’t say much but it tells if he or she is confident, shy or serious etc.
By his attitude to future life chat and ideas: In many marriage proposals or job interviews, the persons attitude or future plan is asked to judge him. This is mostly a reliable way to know what he is up to in future but, the problem is any one can change their plans in due course of time due to the situation demands.
By his friends and family life: A person can be judged easily by talking to his friends or even family as they may disclose about him. Even there is a saying which goes as
“Tell me about your friend and I will tell about you”….
His education, career and job if any. A person has his own taste for education and career. So based on that you can know if he is smooth or committed or risk taking etc. Education in technology tells he likes to go smooth, while medicine he is committed to do and a pilot or police or in military means he likes to take risk. Job and career also tell largely about a person’s character. For instance if a person is doing his job of interest, he will do it even if he is paid less salary. These type of people seem to have more self respect than those guys who just do anything for sake of money etc.
By his demands for doing any work. If a guy demands more for doing his work like more leave, etc comforts etc. there is chance that he will more likely perform less. But still some cases vary.
From his previous employer or co-workers. This is the technique commonly followed by employers. Hence you see that many universities & institutes vacancies, police & bureaucratic post are are recruited after the candidate gets some letter of recommendation or after doing thorough police enquiry.
So what are the advantages of judging the person:
1. You can save time: Supposing you want to recruit an employee or get your work done someone. If you can judge him before then you may avoid wasting your time in-case if the guy leaves his job instantaneously or if he doesn’t deliver the work assigned in time.
2, You can save money: Many a times we loose money due to salesman or any shop for buying a item for higher price than actually is. In the above example of right servant or employ also you can save money besides time.
3. You can save your reputation and good will: In case you recommend some guy for a job or work. If the guy leaves or causes damage then the you lose goodwill in the eyes of the person to whom you recommended the wrong guy.
4. Can get respect form others: A person who is rarely or never fooled by other has good respect and value from all the people who knows him.
5. You can avoid being emotionally upset. If you are unable to judge a person and get fooled by him/her you will be emotionally upset sometimes to the extent that you cannot focus on your job and family.
So based on so many advantages it is worth to judge a person but
Issues from our side:
If someone fools us it is also our problem as we let him or her do so. We need to see our personality of how we create a feeling such that others fool us.
1. Believing everyone very easily.
2. Talking too much and revealing yourself to everyone including new people.
3. Getting attracted due to lust or infatuation and doing as they say (especially towards opposite sex).
4. Revealing all of your thoughts to someone such that he can hit in right target when he wants to..
5. Not having time to see or recognize others intentions.