Relationships are the most sensitive elements of human life as they are linked to emotional harmony and success in life. This is one of the prime aspect which differs humans from animals. A person without money may or may not be happy but a person with good relationships will definitely be happy even if he lacks money.
I once read a quote which says
“Count your wealth by number of friends & Count your success by smiles”
This simple quote has a life of understanding for all of us.
Relationships of humans are many and they define life of a person to a great deal. One with good relations is definitely more satisfied than those without good relationships.
The relationships vary as friends, parents, brothers, sisters, cousins, uncles, aunts, co-workers and many more.
The more the relationships the easier a task is done and also there is good control on things around. It saves time and personal stress to get a work done is minimised when done using some relations or contacts.
So many people like to maintain relationships.
Interestingly these relationships sometimes cause intense pain and agony. But still many do not like to live without relationships. May be for the fear of survival or to avoid feeling of loneliness.
Human is a social animal and so he cannot live without relationships.
Relationships are made for familial support, residential support, career support, physical requirements, to hang out, to share knowledge, financial assistance in times of need etc.
Advantages of healthy relationships:
One can have the feeling of belonging to and avoid loneliness.
Help get tasks done easily due to sharing.
Gives mental support if the relationship is a family member.
There will be someone to look after in time of sick or trouble.
Sharing of knowledge and important information which might help in growth financially or career wise.
Getting honest suggestions and guidance in times of need.
How to maintain healthy relationships:
It is a tough question for anyone to give a practical answer to it. Because almost everyone has some flaws in relationships somewhere or other. I presume it is a gods gift and may be learnt by practice. But yet there are some points which can help us maintain healthy relationships.
1. Greetings or wishes: This is a courteous way to build and maintain relationships. Even if there is an animosity or friction with someone if you wish them good morning (or namastey- for Indians or greet them as hai, hello etc. then the things turn around and the friction disappears gradually.
2. Avoid ego- focus on the task: This is where most relations breakup and even get worse. There are instances where someone might show up his ego or use some improper words to address. This might be casual at times and one should not focus on the casual issues and break the relationships. Instead think of what work or task is needed to get done from the said person and go ahead. Then once task is done together you will feel the happiness of task accomplished.
Many people break relationship by the above issue, instead of focusing on the task they focus on the person or his ego. The reality is every person behaves in some absurd way sometimes due to situations or circumstances around and he also changes with them.
3. Avoid hesitancy: Hesitancy is a biggest obstacle to build relationships. Because of it a good person might seem to be egoist or reckless person in the eyes of others. So over come hesitancy and try to speak out or say what you fee. Try to do what you feel inside without hesitating.
4. Improve Communication: Our communication should be pleasant, friendly pleasing and it mostly comes from genes i.e. from genetic trait sometimes by practice.
If you don’t agree with me then think of you or your friends.
There will be some who can communicate well with girls and he has good friends among girls but cannot do so with boys or vice verse.
There will be who has many friends and everyone likes him. Can be in his shoes? No again it comes to that guy’s character, behavior. But this guy cannot even make a single girl friend all his life…J
There are some who is not liked by anyone else. But he might have a good family, honest girl friend or spouse etc.
You might find some guy who helps everyone if asked for, without even expecting favor back. But do you know such guys repent a lot because he has no friends who can help him during need.
You might also see some girls who are attractive and have no permanent friends at all. They weep bitterly to keep up or maintain friends. But still they keep losing old friends.
If you agree these traits among people, then you might understand that how we communicate, timing of our communication, behavior during communication etc. play much role in building healthy relationships.
5. Personality: This is in born and mostly one cannot change it in his life time. But who knows if one puts effort it can.
Have notice some guys who don’t talk to anyone but people always try to talk to him or be nice with him or her. Even they do not spread negative remarks about him.
Some guys do not talk to anyone keep minding their business but, yet people do not talk to them unless approached by the guy and further they spread unwanted negative remarks about them.
There are many famous comedians around the world. People start laughing or smiling on just seeing their face even. But in real life these people are more serious and less human friendly. They also have enemies and people jealous of them.
There is yet another type of people who keep good growth in career. They speak only just for impressing other or to have a good rapport around. But in fact they will never help others and try to think good of others. But yet you might have seen many people liking these guys.
6.Growth in career or life: This is simple as such and people maintain good relations with you if you are successful, happy and making good money or have power etc.So you must grow up your family, friends circle, pose as if you are very happy, enjoying, get some power position etc. Not a cup of coffee for everyone.
Other Simple tips to maintain healthy relationships:
7. Keep communication with those whom you work with or who seem to like you.
8. Send wishes, greeting etc. Invite to parties, attend marriages, or any celebration in your friend home.
9. Care you dear and near ones. Help them with their work, enquire about their happiness, progress etc. be sincere in you talk and behavior. Though you might be disappointed by some, still you will win the game.
But at the end of the day keep being successful.
If not, even a favorite horse will be left off when it is old and unable to perform any work.
So keep working for your progress.
Best relation to build is with yourself, your work, parents, family, friends, coworkers, neighbors etc with priority in descending way.
10. You cannot be good to everyone in this world. In trying to be good to everyone you will lose yourself and your identity. So it is good to have few good friends than hundreds of useless ones.