Peace of mind is most wonderful virtue in the present world.
The rise in the number of people going on tours, pilgrimages, churches shows the intensity for peace of mind.
Peace of mind is a self practice and not one that can be brought from outside. It requires consistent efforts and behavior to achieve that state.
Loss of mental peace leads to stress and there by health problems.
For those who are involved in busy jobs, career or other works, peace of mind is very important to sleep well.
Those with perfect peace of mind, keep themselves fit mentally and physically and also perform well in their careers.
So below are few tips for the purpose.
How to get peace of mind:
1) Visit a temple or church or mosque: This is an immediate effective technique to get peace of mind. Even if you are not spiritual or exposed heavy schedules etc. still make a way. Based on your religion or interest you can go to a nearby holy place and spend some time. These are places where even people around will be with composed and peaceful mind. So you will be relived a bit instantly due to the atmosphere there. If you pray it will further better and peaceful.
2) Do some nonprofit works: Every day we work for profits, doing some nonprofit works like taking care of something for sake of people around etc. will give peace of mind.
3) Prayer: Many great reformers relied on prayer. It is a powerful and easiest ways to attain peace of mind on immediate basis. Further it has no restrictions of time, place etc. So one can go do prayer anywhere for peace of mind like in a flight, work place etc.
4) Meditation: This is holistic practice and method for peace of mind. It rejuvenates mind and its strength from the mental stress and gives peace of mind. For this one needs to sit comfortably in proper place and go for meditation.
5) Deep breathe yoga: This is a technique for peace of mind in times when one has severe anxiety or mental stress. It normalizes body physiology like breathing, heartbeat, and blood pressure and gives sufficient peace of mind. But for a first timer it will be not easy as he needs to know how to do it. It is important to take a deep breath and also expel from deep for few times.
6) Attend spiritual groups: In Hindu system these spiritual groups are called sat sang Where people of similar mindset meet. They perform some songs, music in praise of lord for peace of mind. It is also seen among Christians, Buddhists etc.
7) Stay near water: If one does not like any of the above methods, then the methods include staying near water pond or lake, going for boat ride if not afraid of water. The pleasant air due to lack of pollution and silence will help gain peace in these places.
8) Stay in greenery: If there is a green lush garden or farm, then going in and walking there or sitting will give pleasantness and peace of mind. Also try to keep up some indoor plants at residence and office. They increase the oxygen content of air and keep your mind energetic.
9) Spending time with beloved ones: If one has a family, then playing with kids, spending time with them gives peace of mind.
10) Have good relations with others: This is important and seems not always possible. But, sometimes if we can forgo out ego it is easier.
11) Be disciplined: This may sound confusing, but if you are disciplined, you have good health and progress in career and life. So that adds up to peace of mind.
For long term peace of mind:
One need to continue some rituals on everyday basis for long term peace of mind. These include deep breathe yoga, prayers meditation, visiting temples or churches daily etc.
Further besides doing the above rituals one need to focus on their work or duties in daily life.