An external hard disk is quite necessary for those who depend on computers for most of their works. These external hard disks find many uses besides being an added memory.
Read the article for more uses of external hard drive. Due to intense demand, the manufacturers supplying these devices are many. Even all the companies try to provide all the features.
But to the customers there are some aspects to consider while buying.
How to Buy an External Hard disk
1. Good memory at nominal price: Hard disks should have sufficient memory. That is why many of us consider buying. A hard disk of minimum 500GB is a must. But also to consider is the more the memory, the more load on your PC operating the hard disk.
2. USB for speed of data transfer: USB is the next factor to consider. This is necessary for faster data transfer from PC to hard disk or from one Hard disk to another hard disk. USB 2 and above are best for faster data transfer.
3. Power port besides USB cable for better performance: Some hard disks come with extra USB port besides one needed for data transfer. This extra port gives additional power supply to the hard disk for faster performance of the hard disk.
4. Fall resistance or shake or drop resistance: Since hard disks are portable and we carry them regularly, there are many chances of slippage from our hands. If the hard disks are damaged by fall, all the data stored is lost. So it is better to purchase fall resistant hard disks. Some manufactureres give them with external pouch which is fall resistant while others do not.
5. Size and Compactness: Since they are portable, the hard disks are to be small sized and compact for easy usage and long life.
6.Easy back up: Some hard disks come with easy backup buttons (backup external hard drive). This is a feature to help you back up you data on hard disk in a easy manner.
To buy external hard disk you can go for purchasing in a local shop but for lower price option of the same product with same quality go for online shopping.