Poverty is a state of lack of sufficient resources for living and well-being.
People in many countries face it and find it difficult to overcome.
Poverty is not a condition but is a situation which one can stay through.
The only way to overcome poverty is to make some monetary transactions.
But till last few decades, the means of the transaction were limited to food, clothing, jewelry and few other materials.
Now, ways for financial transactions are many due to the advent of internet and technology.
Any one with good education and knowledge can overcome poverty by hard work and stay away from poverty world.
5 Causes for poverty.
1. Lack of education: Education is one which has enabled many people to overcome poverty. Hence you can see almost all the nations in the world spend a lot on education. They provide even scholarships to those from economically backward families. Because of education, there was spread of scientific knowledge. Hence there was progress regarding the production of automobiles, electronic gadgets which made huge profits to the manufacturers. There was also rise in employment due to such growth in economic benefits. So on careful observation, one can notice that poverty countries are those who lack sufficient education among their population.
2. Lack of resources: People or nations with some natural resources could eliminate poverty. Middle East countries which are previously considered as desert countries are now some of the richest nations. This is due to the availability of petroleum resources by which they could generate massive income by exports. These countries are also afraid of the decline of oil reserves. Even if the other means of energy generation for automobiles like hydrogen technology arise,then these countries will witness poverty again.
Even these countries were able to control the world economic conditions. By increasing the petroleum prices, the inflation of other countries which were dependent on oil import raised.
But when the human population rises, these resources can decline fast and lead to poverty.
3. International sanctions: Many nations were affected by international sanctions due to the acts of their governments. Countries like North Korea, Iraq, Russia suffered from international sanctions. When sanctions are levied, these countries are exempt from benefits of foreign investments and imports. Then the people in those countries had to suffer from hunger and economic problems.
4. Invading: Countries like England, France and other which invaded other countries used to loot them. Thus many countries which were economically well off had to suffer. Even you can notice that the Kohinoor diamond and other valuable are not returned to by the British. Similarly, the Asian and African countries were exploited for ivory, diamonds and other minerals by other nations. This type of invading and loot always left the people of host countries under poverty. Even nations like the united states of America had to work hard after being freed from colonial rule for economic empowerment.
5. Internal riots and protests: There are countries where lack of proper law and order contributes to poverty. This is because there cannot be proper environment for business or work in places of no law and order. Many countries in Africa, middle east, suffer from poverty due to communal violence, terrorism etc.
For this the governments need to take firm steps to curb the violence. Or else the common man cannot work to generate income.
6.Personal Reasons: This is at the level of common man besides above causes. Lack of foresightedness, proper friends etc. they remain poor.
Other way to see is some people do not believe in the concept that they can be happy if they have more money. Some religions also prescribe abandonment of wealth as means to attain spiritual progress. Check differences between spirituality and religion for more idea.
Hence we can see many monks who have nothing but simple clothes to live.
7.Physical disability: Many people get disabled due to accidents. Some of them get it from birth while others become so in course of life. For those disabled, it is very tough to perform tasks.
They cannot perform well in the job or even make a better business man. So those with physical disability would be unable to generate income and may become poor.
8.No family support: Many people are rich in life due to the wealth obtained from their family members. A person without proper family rarely lives rich life. Proper family support helps one take up education and also right decisions in business or investments. If not family, one needs good friends and well wishers to live a better life.
9.Ill health: If one develops ill health, then it would be difficult to perform their jobs. So one needs to take care of health to live better and perform well.
10. Lack of planning: This is also one of the prominent cause of poverty. Many old age people suffer from poverty due to lack of regular income or savings. Besides the physical weakness, poverty hurts them a lot. So we can notice many old age people trying to get some monetary help. Now a days it is quite easy to avoid by opting for old age pension plans, making sufficient savings etc.